Raise Your Glass Bar Hire Terms and Conditions
Please review the following terms and conditions prior to your event. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
1. The Law - It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to purchase, attempt to purchase or consume alcohol at the event. We would suggest that anyone who looks or could be thought to be under the age of twenty one brings photographic ID / proof of age with them or we will not be able to serve them. We will refuse to serve anyone at the event who is or appears to be excessively drunk or uses threatening or abusive behaviour towards staff, customers or other guests. We will also refuse to serve anyone who purchases or attempts to purchase alcohol for someone under the age of 18 or someone who has previously been refused alcohol by the bar staff. The decision on such matters will be taken by the bar staff and will be final. The bar staff also reserve the right to close the bar at any time if in their opinion unruly or troublesome behaviour has arisen or is likely to arise within the venue or its neighbourhood.
2. Temporary Event Notice (TEN) / Alcohol Licence - Raise Your Glass Bar Hire will, on behalf of the client, obtain any TEN / alcohol licence required for the event subject to there being no reason for any required licence being refused by the Licensing Authority. Bar opening times will be subject to approval by the relevant authorities. The licence cost is included within the booking fee so there is no additional cost.
3. Sole Provider of all Drink - Raise Your Glass Bar Hire will be the sole provider of all drink at the event unless previously agreed in writing. It will not be permitted for anyone to consume their own drink at the event once the bar is open. If drink not provided by Raise Your Glass Bar Hire is consumed then your minimum spend deposit may be fully or partly retained.
4. Removal of Wedding Breakfast / Corporate Dinner Drink – As the sole provider of drink during the agreed bar opening times Raise Your Glass Bar Hire require all wedding breakfast / corporate dinner drink to be cleared and removed. This includes all full and part-full bottles. Please ensure your catering staff are aware of the agreed cut off time at which the bar will serve your guests. The removed drink must be safely stored and not accessible by your guests. On many occasions we are happy to initially open the bar early should your guests want to purchase something, however, at the agreed time our bar must become the sole provider of beverages. If drink not provided by Raise Your Glass Bar Hire is still consumed then your minimum spend deposit may be fully or partly retained.
5. Please ensure your guests and caterers are aware of the aforementioned terms to save any awkwardness and embarrassment on the day. This ensures we are able to provide a bar for your event without a minimum spend clause.
6. Drink Availability - We hold a vast selection of drinks. However, if one drink selection is favoured we may occasionally run out. If you are aware that your guests require an extensive amount of one drink type we will attempt to increase stock levels to accommodate your requirements.
7. Tap Water - ‘The 2014 order’ which forms part of the licensing act 2003, states free tap water should be provided on request to customers, “where it is reasonably available.” As a mobile bar, attending events often in a field we do not have fresh water therefore it is not “reasonably available.” Water will be available to purchase at the bar in bottles.
8. Raise Your Glass Bar Hire will supply all equipment, staff, drinks and disposable plastic glasses.
9. Power and Water - A 13amp power supply is required within 40 meters of the bar location and an available fresh water supply is requested if possible.
10. Access – Good access is required as the horsebox trailer measures 2.2m wide, 2.6m high and approximately 6m in length when opened. The bar needs to be set on level ground as best as possible to ensure the safe working environment for guests and staff.
11. Timings – Setting up and Packing Away - Before an event we require at least one hour to set up and 45 minutes after closing to pack up. For weddings please make us aware of your plans for the day to ensure our arrival does not interrupt your ceremony or speeches.
12. Parking – Once set up we require our vehicle to be parked close to the bar for back up stock during the event. We will ensure its position is not going to cause a problem and in particular for weddings do our best to prevent it being visible in any photos.
13. 4G Phone Signal / WiFi – In order to take payments by card we require good mobile signal or access to your Wifi. If we are to use your WiFi please provide your access password prior to our arrival. We are unable to provide a full service without good 4G / WiFi.
14. Booking Fee and Payment – A non-returnable booking fee of £250 is due to be paid to secure the date for your event. The date is only confirmed once the payment is received. Payment of the booking fee will be taken as full agreement to the terms and conditions. Payment is to be made to: Barclays Bank account – Name: Sally Love, Sort Code: 20-25-95, Account Number: 13977064.
15. Minimum Spend – The minimum spend for all events is £1500 unless otherwise agreed in writing. £500 is to be paid upfront as a minimum spend holding deposit and will be returned in full only when £1500 is taken behind the bar. It will be paid in two equal payments of £250 before your event. The first payment of £250 to be paid no later than two months before your event and the second payment of £250 to be paid no later than one month before your event. Payment is to be made to: Barclays Bank account – Name: Sally Love, Sort Code: 20-25-95, Account Number: 13977064.
16. Minimum Spend – The minimum spend is in place to ensure that the time, effort and planning that goes into providing a mobile bar for your event is not wasted. Once the minimum spend of £1500 is met the full £500 will be returned to you within two working days. We will request your bank details after the event so we can return it. If the minimum spend is not met this may be due to a number of reasons such as: a.) The number of guests attending was far below the number expected, b.) Guests consumed their own drink, c.) Drink form the wedding breakfast / corporate dinner was consumed after the agreed cut off time.
17. Cancellations – If you cancel or postpone your event please provide as much notice as possible. We will try to meet your new date if possible. If notice is given 90 days in advance then we will happily use the existing booking fee and change your date if available. The booking fee is non-refundable or transferable in all other instances.
18. Cancellations Once the Minimum Spend is Paid – If you cancel your event we may be unable to refill the date we set aside for you. Therefore, once the minimum spend has been partly or fully paid the following applies:
a. Cancellation within two calendar months of your event date incurs loss of the first £250 minimum spend payment plus your original booking fee.
b. Cancellation within one calendar month of your event date incurs loss of the full £500 minimum spend payment plus your original booking fee.
19. Disclaimer –Raise Your Glass Bar Hire does not accept any liability for any failure to provide our services due to an ‘Act of God’, ie circumstances beyond our control, (including flooding, fire, severe traffic congestion, car accidents or any foul weather conditions).